The Green Bay Packers takes a vacation to Texas to handle the Houston Texans this Sunday.Р’ Р’
- It marks the matchup that is fifth the Packers and Texans, with Green Bay keeping a 3-1 lead, including a 2-0 mark in Houston.
- This is the Packers’ first trip to Houston since a 42-24 victory in 2012 in 6 week.
- While Green Bay has just played during the Texans twice, it’s played into the continuing state of Texas six times since 2010, such as the postseason, and won every one of those games, beating the Dallas Cowboys four times together with Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV in Dallas. The packers have scored over 30Р’ points (31, 42, 37, 34, 35, 34) in each of those six contests.
- Sunday marks the 2nd game associated with the only pair of back-to-back road games for Green Bay in 2020, the fewest when it comes to group since 2013 (zero). This comes following the Packers had three sets of back-to-back road competitions in both 2018 and 2019.
- This is the 3rd time this period Green Bay will play a casino game that commences at 12 p.m. CT, as well as the very very first since Week 2. The Packers won each of the prior games that kicked off at 12 p.m. CT, scoring 43 points at Minnesota and 42 points versus Detroit.
- The Packers have started 4-1 when it comes to 2nd season that is consecutive for the 3rd amount of time in the very last four years (2017).Р’
- Dating back again to 2017, Green Bay joins the Kansas City Chiefs (four times) given that only groups in the NFL to win at the least four of their very first five games in at the least three for the final four periods (Stathead.com).
- The Packers have won nine of the final 10 games that are regular-season.
- The Packers are coming down their loss that is first of period. The next week.Р’ in the first season under Head Coach Matt LaFleur, Green Bay lost three regular-season games and each time responded with a win
- Green Bay will come back to Lambeau Field for a 8 matchup with the Vikings on Nov. 1 week. It shall function as Packers’ 3rd house game of this season and first since Oct. 5 against Atlanta. Including playoffs, Green Bay has a 8-3-2 mark (.692) contrary to the Vikings at Lambeau Field since 2008.
UTILIZING THE CALL
FOX will broadcast the overall game up to an audience that is national. Play-by-play guy Kenny Albert joins analyst Jonathan Vilma with Shannon Spake reporting through the sidelines.Р’
- Milwaukee’s WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio system this is certainly composed of 50 channels in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers professional Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) and three-time Packers professional Bowler and two-time All-Pro John Kuhn (sideline) will phone the action. McCarren first joined up with the group’s broadcasts in 1995 and gets in their season that is 25th calling games. After initially being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their season that is 22nd of together. They exceeded Jim Irwin and Max McGee when it comes to many regular-season and postseason games broadcast for the Packers with 313 during the 2018 period opener against Chicago.
- The broadcast can also be available on Sirius Satellite broadcast (WTMJ feed), WTMJ.com via pc as well as on many products through NFL Game Pass.
- DIRECTV members can view the overall game on Channel 709.
THE DOPE WITH THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT:
Packers at Texans:
- Regular period, all-time: 3-1
- All-time, Postseason: 0-0
- All-time, at Houston: 2-0 (2-0 at NRG Stadium)
- Streaks: Green Bay has won two consecutive games against Houston dating back to into the 2012 period
- Final conference, regular period: Dec. 4, 2016, Lambeau Field, Packers won, 21-13
- Matt LaFleur: 17-4-0, .810; (1-1 postseason); 2nd NFL period
- Romeo Crennel: 29-56-0, .341 (0-0 postseason); 7th NFL period
- Check out Head: 0-0
- vs. Opponent: LaFleur 0-0 vs. Texans; Crennel 1-0 vs. Packers postseason that is(1-0
MATT LaFLEURРІР‚В¦ In their season that is second as Packers’ fifteenth mind advisor.
- In their 12th period into the NFL, having formerly offered as a coordinator that is offensive two periods (l . a . Rams, 2017; Tennessee Titans, 2018), a quarterbacks mentor for six periods (Washington Redskins, 2010-13; Atlanta Falcons, 2015-16), as well as a offensive associate for just two periods (Houston Texans, 2008-09).
- Inside the very very very very first period leading the Packers in 2019, considering that the very first mentor in club history to guide the group into the playoffs in the first period. Additionally led the biggest one-year improvement that is win group history (plus-seven victories).
- Became just the fifth advisor in NFL history to win 13-plus regular-season games in their very very very first period as being a mind advisor (Jim Caldwell, George Seifert, Jim Harbaugh, Steve Mariucci).
- Led the Titans’ offense in 2018 to a number 7 league position in rushing (126.4 ypg) as Tennessee registered 11 games with 100-plus yards that are rushing tied up for No. 2 when you look at the NFL.
- Assisted the inside scoring with on average 29.9 points per game in 2017, significantly more than doubling their average (14.0 ppg).
- Tutored QB Matt Ryan, whom led the league in passer score (117.1) on their method to being known as NFL best Player by The Associated Press, and QB Robert Griffin III, whom became the QB that is first Washington franchise history to win AP Offensive Rookie of the season in 2012.
ROMEO CRENNELРІР‚В¦Named www.datingrating.net/fitness-singles-review Texans’ interim mind mentor in Week 5 associated with 2020 NFL period.